Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mi corazon esta en Espana todavia...




Madrid, 2007: The beginning.


We walk around a little more and then just decide to go to the grocery store, buy some food, maybe something to drink and go back to the hotel to hang out.

Chris and I find our way to the wine aisle and we each pick one out based on the ‘coolness’ of the bottle, since neither one of us have heard of any of the brands.

Why yes. I would love to have a glass of wine and talk a bit. Get to know you a little better. Where did the british accent in my thoughts come from? Strange.

Carole and Ross buy some Baileys as does Steph. Dean doesn’t get anything and Sara and Alex buy something to share. Not a couple my butt.

When we get back to the hotel we all pile into the boys room because theirs is the biggest and I realize we don’t have a wine bottle opener.

Chris, we have to find something to open this with.

Yeah we do, I didn’t just buy this for nothing! Let’s go downstairs and ask the front desk.

No we can’t do that! We aren’t supposed to bring any food up here!

Oh yeah, well, hmm.

Let’s go see if we can get into the kitchen.

We go downstairs and can’t get into the kitchen but we can get into the dining room and see that the tables have been set for tomorrow’s breakfast.

Ok so I know what we can do, I say, recalling my sorority days. We can get something to somehow push the cork into the bottle instead of trying to get it out. It works I promise. I’ve done it before.

Chris looks at me with a big smile on his face. I love you already he tells me and laughs.

We grab a spoon and high tail it back to the room hoping we don’t get caught stealing it.

We will leave it in the room so we aren’t actually stealing it he reassures me.

We get back to the room and everyone is there sitting in pajamas just talking and hanging out. Here we are. The spain team. It’s a Kodak moment, one of those that you don’t ever want to forget.

I go into the bathroom with the spoon and push the cork into the bottle and wine sprays out all over me. I start cracking up and Chris comes in with a questionable look in his face.

Be careful when you push in the cork because wine will spray out I say between laughing fits. Look at my shirt! I am soaked!

Chris is laughing and grabs the spoon. I try to stop him from making the same mistake I did but he won’t let me. And red wine sprays everywhere.

I told you! I say laughing.

Oh man! Ah red wine! LINDSAY!

Oh no, don’t yell at me I tried to tell you!

We dissolve into a fit of laughter and clean up the bathroom as well as ourselves.

We are going to be close friends, I can tell. Not because he wants to drink wine with me and talk, but because I already feel like I have known him for years.

We come out of the bathroom and everyone is still there, listening to music, playing on computers, lounging on the beds. We sit and we talk and we bond and we get to know each other.

And we become friends.

We become a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment