Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years ago...and 10 years later...

10 years ago I was 17 and a Senior in high school
10 years ago I sat at FPD and listened to the announcement that our free nation was under attack
10 years ago I cried when I saw a man (a father, a brother, a son) fall from a twin tower
10 years ago I watched a nation come together in the fight against terror

10 years later I am teaching Seniors in high school
10 years later I sit at home and listen to recounts of that fateful day and am still in shock
10 years later I cry when I see the images replayed and when I think of all who have fallen
10 years later I watched a nation rejoice when Bin Laden was taken down
10 years later I celebrate our freedom and our resilience as a country

10 years ago or 10 years later I will always be proud to be an American.

9.11.01



No comments:

Post a Comment