Thursday, July 30, 2009

Made in Mexico


These past 2 weeks have been busy busy busy! I went on my first build with Mikell two weeks ago with First Baptist of Beaumont Texas. The family definitely needed a house. It was so humbling to see the conditions they were living in. Something that we could never even imagine without seeing it, and then still after seeing it not fully understand it. We were in Acuna, Mexico and it was HOT! One day it reached 114! The team we were with had been going to Acuna for 10 years so they knew some swimming holes that we fully enjoyed!

This past week we had a GEORGIA TEAM!!! It was a nice surprise Monday morning to hear some southern accents! They were from Elberton, GA, a little town 45 minutes away from Athens. We had a great week - we were in Juarez, Mexico which was not as hot as Acuna which was a blessing in itself. We finished the house in 3 days and were able to cross back Wednesday night.

Mikell and I are worn out - I don't think I have ever done this much physical labor! But it is more than worth it. I will never be able to comprehend how thankful the family is to get a house, how much it means to them. I am just blessed to be able to be a part of this mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment