Monday, March 29, 2010

.School Stories.

Things my students think/do at school:

My students thought I was lying when I told them I was on homecoming court, was the captain of the cheerleading squad and dated the captain of the football team (I took little offense to that haha)

One girl asked me if driving on the roads in El Paso was weird. I told her no and asked why she asked that and she said “because you’re only used to driving on dirt roads.” (I didn’t tell them that in college we would ride dirt roads for fun).

They think I lived on a farm – no matter how many times I tell them I didn’t.

One guy asked me what we did for a Senior prank when I was in high school. I had to tell him that we didn’t do a prank because the class above me did some stuff that caused damage. Naturally he asked me what it was and when I started explaining him that they had bought cans of worms out a machine that’s like a coke machine I started to feel super country.

They think I am really southern – and really pale.

A couple people asked me what I did in high school for fun and I told them we went cow tipping and jumped hail bails and rolled people’s houses. They didn’t know what rolling people’s houses meant....after I explained it – one girl looked at me with big eyes and exclaimed “those places do exist!!!”

They are SHOCKED when they find out I have a myspace and a facebook. I mean seriously people, my generation invented it!

A girl came to class with a latex glove (why I don’t know) and blew it up then asked me if I had ever milked a cow. I told her that we actually had to practice on a latex glove before we were allowed to milk the cow and the teacher whose classroom I was in was sitting behind her desk laughing at me (she is from El Paso).

They don’t know what dew is because there is no grass here.

When some of my students introduce me to students who are not in my classes they tell them that I am from the dirty.

Atleast once everyday someone tells me I look like a student.

One guy has asked me out to lunch (inappropriate much).

1 comment:

  1. Bahhahahaa! McGrail-imagine what they would think if they met ME & MY accent! Hillarious, this post cracked my up! The dew part made me a little sad though. I miss you!!!
    -merr

    ReplyDelete