Thursday, March 25, 2010

.Spring.

I walked outside tonight around 7pm – the sun was starting to set and the air was still warm. However instead of enjoying this, I was fighting back tears. It’s spring. But I don’t smell honeysuckle.

Mikell and I have been in El Paso for a little more than 8 months but this changing of the seasons has made me miss Georgia...has made me miss home.

I won’t smell honeysuckle this year. I won’t sit on the porch at Jim Shaw’s and eat oyters and drink beer. I won’t see Cherry Blossom trees or go to the festival. There won’t be green kudzu covering brick walls and railroad tracks. No wisteria will hang outside my window. I won’t sit outside Gallery Espresso overlooking a square in Savannah and drink iced coffee. Mikell and I won’t go to church then lay in Forsyth Park all afternoon and play catch. We won’t walk down Broughton street. I won’t get sweet tea from Nu-Way then lay out with my sister. There won't be April showers nor May flowers....



2 comments:

  1. and it's ok that you miss those things. and i miss most of them too. at least you have some georgia grown friends to moan with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it helps...it makes me sad that there are no azaleas here. Palm trees & palmettos are fun for a bit.....but I miss azaleas & hydrangeas. AND especially you-come visit!

    ReplyDelete